Yes. EnventU is a 501(c)3 federally tax exempt organization in Washington, DC
EnventU Leadership will be expected to maintain the following credentials to lead the program:
- Approved DC Public Schools Volunteer Status
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Negative TB Results
- DC Public Schools Fingerprinting
All necessary materials required to participate in the program will be supplied including but not limited to:
- Composition Notebooks
- Writing Supplies
- Light Snacks & Beverages
- Transportation (Offsite Vendor Field Trips and Event Day Only)
The below completed forms will be required on the first day of the program before the session begins. Youth will not be allowed to participate without these signed documents.
- Transportation & Liability Waivers
- Code of Conduct Agreement
- Photography and Video Release Form
Participation in EnventU is a privilege. Our goal is to provide an amazing opportunity for youth to interact with the learning environment and community in a positive, responsible and productive way.
Any form of disruptive or disrespectful behavior (lewd behavior, bullying, aggression, violence, disrespect or foul language) will not be tolerated and can be reason for dismissal from the program. Excessive or recurring absences/tardies in the program can also be reason for dismissal from the program.
- GPA Requirements – Participants in the program must be receiving a 2.5 Grade Point Average or higher in their academics.
- Suspension Restriction- Students that have had a school suspension within 4 months prior to participation in EnventU will not be allowed to participate.
- Expulsion Restriction- Students that have had a school expulsion will not be allowed to participate in EnventU.
- Attendance Requirements in School- Participants must have good attendance/punctuality in school; with an average attendance rate of 85% or higher per period/class.
Genuine interest in the program and a commitment to attend ALL scheduled program sessions will be required.
EnventU alumni will have access to exclusive internship and/or apprentice programs made available by professionals in the event industry. The EnventU website will be regularly updated with these opportunities.